The Patchwork Club is open to everyone who would like to learn patchwork or to develop existing skills. No experience is necessary but it is essential to be able to sew by hand during the lessons. Membership 15€/yr.
At the start of 2015, the club comprised a dozen members.
The weekly meetings take place each saturday from 14h00 to 17h00 from september to december and from january to june. Meetings are held in the Maison des Associations, rue des Félibres, Jumilhac le Grand.
The language of the club is french, but english speakers are welcome to join and profit from the friendly atmosphere to improve their french.
A few saturdays per year the club members work on a joint project to be raffled at the Christmas market to help finance club activities.
The essential equipment for starting :
- a selection of needles for patchwork, sewing and quilting
- long, fine pins without coloured heads
- a ruler in centimetres
- scissors for fabrics and paper, small pointed embroidery scissors that cut well at the tip
- a clutch pencil
- good quality sewing threads in cotton or polyester
- a selection of fabrics, preferably cotton, washed and ironed
There is a wide range of patchwork tools available from specialist retailers and you can add to your collection progressively as you find the need
For more information call the club organiser : :